Christian Horner has vowed to ‘clear his name’ amid an ongoing investigation into alleged inappropriate behaviour, according to a report. His wife, Geri Halliwell, has been left distraught by the ongoing inquest into her husband, but plans to ‘stand by him’.
The Red Bull team principal was placed under investigation last week after a report from Dutch news outlet De Telegraaf confirmed the existence of misconduct allegations from a female employee within the team. An AP report later added that the nature of these allegations related to his aggressive management style.
A statement from the reigning world champions confirmed the news, reading: “After being made aware of certain recent allegations, the company launched an independent investigation. This process, which is already underway, is being carried out by an external specialist barrister.
“The company takes these matters extremely seriously and the investigation will be completed as soon as practically possible. It would not be appropriate to comment further at this time.” Horner fiercely refutes the allegations and said last week: “I completely deny these claims.”
In a report from the Daily Mail, one source close to the couple explained that the 50-year-old is keen to ‘clear his name’ of any wrongdoing as hearings regarding the matter continue within the Red Bull camp. However, the saga has taken a greater mental toll on his wife, Geri.
Sources within the report explained: “Geri is in full lockdown and not talking to anyone at the moment. Christian is speaking privately and says that he will clear his name and come through this, but Geri seems to be simply too upset to engage with anyone.
“Just lots of tears. She will stand by him and be at his side just as much as she always has been. She never misses a race and that will not change.” The former Spice Girls singer even turned off comments on her Instagram page to combat trolls poking fun at the situation and sending abuse Horner’s way.
Unfortunately for Geri and her husband, they will be forced to wait to find out the outcome of the investigation into the Red Bull ace. The team were initially expected to make a decision off the back of Friday’s hearing, but the timeline has since changed due to the complexity of the matter.
Instead, according to Sky Sports News reporter Craig Slater, Red Bull may not have come to a decision by the time their car launches rolls around on 15 February with the season opener in Bahrain now looking like a more likely timeframe.