London — Britain’s King Charles has issued his first statement since the public announcement of his.
In a statement issued by the British royal family Saturday, King Charles said he would like “to express my most heartfelt thanks for the many messages of support and good wishes I have received in recent days.”
“As all those who have been affected by cancer will know, such kind thoughts are the greatest comfort and encouragement,” he added.
Charles was diagnosed with cancer while he was undergoing treatment for an enlarged prostate last month. Buckingham Palace said he would step back from his public duties during his treatments, but it has not said how long they will take.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
— Haley Ott contributed to this report.
Thanks for reading CBS NEWS.
Create your free account or log in
for more features.