Princess Charlotte’s summer plans ruined after major change announced | Royal | News
The 23-year-old, who won the title in 2023 and 2024 before losing to Jannik Sinner in last year’s final, has been struggling with a wrist injury, which has already forced him to pull out of the French Open. On Tuesday, the Spaniard confirmed he would not participate at the All England Club this year.
He said on his official X account: “My recovery is going well and I feel much better, but unfortunately I’m still not ready to be able to play, and that’s why I have to withdraw from the grass-court swing at Queen’s and Wimbledon.
“They are two really special tournaments for me and I’ll miss them a lot. We keep working to return as soon as possible!”
Charlotte has been pictured publicly cheering on the tennis player on three occasions at Wimbledon over the years.
She attended the championships in 2023, 2024 and 2025, alongside her family.
In 2024, a picture of Charlotte shaking the tennis star’s hand went viral on social media.
Wimbledon shared the snap online with the message: “A handshake for the champion from HRH Princess Charlotte.”
Meanwhile, Princess Catherine, who accompanied Charlotte, told the 23-year-old: “This is Charlotte, [she was] cheering you on. You had everything crossed.
“We’ve watched a lot on telly, so it’s great to finally get to meet you.”


